NYSSPA Annual Awards
- PA of the Year
- PA Educator of the Year
- Physician Advocate of the Year - This award is presented to a physician who has supported and advocated on behalf of the PA profession.
NYSSPA annually awards nominations for PA of the Year, Physician of the Year, and PA Educator of the Year. These awards are presented to exemplary PAs and physician advocates who are dedicated to fulfilling the mission of NYSSPA by advancing the PA profession and are deserving of recognition.
NYSSPA’s award selection criteria seeks to identify excellence beyond pure intellectual skills and productivity. We seek to recognize and celebrate:
- Inspiration - How has the nominee responded with resilience to challenges and/or with vision to opportunities?
- Service - How has the nominee acted for the good of society and the PA profession?
- Integrity - How has the nominee reflected a consistency of actions, values, methods, measures and principles?
- Only NYSSPA members may nominate award candidates.
- The recipients of PA of the Year and PA Educator of the Year must be NYSSPA and AAPA members.
- To nominate, please complete the form below and upload a letter that describes how your nominee exemplifies the characteristics noted above.
The 2019 Awards nomination period is closed. Nominations received after May 6, 2019, will be considered for the following year.
Awards will be presented on Saturday, October 25, 2019, at NYSSPA’s Fall CME Conference.