NYSSPA 2020 Election | Declare Your Candidacy
Monday, February 24, 2020
Posted by: NYSSPA
NYSSPA is accepting Board and HOD Candidate Declarations until April 2, 2020.
Declare Your Candidacy
- Visit this page to view the open Board and HOD positions, plus the criteria that candidates must meet in order qualify for election.
- Complete this Declaration of Candidacy Form - All candidates MUST submit this web form. Emails will not be accepted.
- Platform Statement - When you complete the Declaration of Candidacy Form, you will be required to upload a head shot and a 1-2 paragraph platform statement. Please keep platform statements to 1-2 paragraphs, which is about a 1/2 page, single spaced. Statements exceeding this will not be posted.
2020 Open Positions
- President-Elect: Three-year term, serving one year each as president-elect, president and immediate past president.
- Vice President & Chief Delegate: One-year term
- Secretary: Two-year term
- NYC District Director: Two-year term
- Long Island District Director: Two-year term
- Western NY District Director: Two-year term
- Student Director (Two positions, plus one alternate): One-year term
- Delegate for the AAPA HOD: One-year term (Currently 12 seats with final apportionment established annually by the AAPA.)