As a result of the COVID-19 pandemic, telemedicine has become an essential service to hospitals and medical practices. This program is designed to offer a practical implementation, while addressing the challenges and opportunities for PAs. To prepare all our PA constituents for this evolving system, the speakers will:
- Explain legislative and carrier updates in response to the COVID-19 health crisis
- Review the ins and outs of telehealth billing for PAs
- Provide practical business operations strategies
- Discuss the challenges to virtual care implementation and expansion - patient provider, and system dependent
- Identify opportunities within current practice setting for which virtual care may be appropriate
- Answer as many audience questions as time permits
Presented by: Pam D'Apuzzo, CPC, ACS-EM, ACS-MS, CPM, and Desmond Watt, MMS, PA-C
About the Speakers:
Pam D'Apuzzo, CPC, ACS-EM, ACS-MS, CPM, President of RR Health Strategies, has over 30 years of healthcare consulting experience spanning academic medical centers, community hospitals, faculty practice plans and large private practices. She has consulting experience in all areas of practice and is a recognized industry expert in the area of coding, compliance and auditing. Pam conducts educational and training seminars and provides comprehensive compliance programs at New York’s leading healthcare institutions. She also has a successful record of operational excellence management (OpEx) services including operational and billing reviews, practice assessments, practice start-up assistance and EMR implementation.
Desmond Watt, MMS, PA-C, is a co-founder of PAs in Virtual Medicine and Telemedicine and president of the executive board. Desmond has practiced in virtual care for over 6 years with a national independent primary care organization, and has spent a significant portion of that time in virtual care design, delivery and workflow optimization. He is a passionate advocate for the PA role in virtual care as a critical part of our healthcare future.